Saturday, May 30, 2009

Milwaukee

Eclectic mix of old and new; friendly people, fabulous food - so fun to be here again!

A morning stroll along the River Walk took me into the Historic Third Ward - old brick factories converted into a thriving art scene with scrumptious restaurants, eclectic stores and a busy Public Market.

and if, by chance, you happen to stay up WAY too late drinking wine and chocolate martinis with Tracy and Janice and Chad, then a fabulously restorative hand crafted juice from The Green Cafe is a must. I chose Carrot Cake (carrot, orange, ginger, cinnamon).

A bit of humor to start the day!

6 comments:

  1. I have a good friend who absolutely loves Milwaukee. Your photos help bring that to life. It sounds as if you're off to a good start - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that photo of the reflection of the old building in the new one is way cool! nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From your photos, it looks like you are having a great time! I am vicariously living through you, as I am SOOOO in need of a break/ vacation!
    Have some fun for me! :)
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, Tracy and Janice can incite staying up way too late and drinking every time. I'll be there Tuesday night for martinis at the Chophouse, will you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are so cool. I really enjoy seeing your perspective of places. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first photo catches my eye because of the textures of the bricks. You really captured the moment well.

    ReplyDelete