Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Only one thing to do


when you are exhausted from packing. Grab a glass of wine and take a break!

Am loving Spanish red table wines lately - especially when they are under $10 a bottle. And the wine glass? I have quite a large collection, started over 25 years ago when I found a gorgeous hand blown one in Carmel and couldn't afford more than one. Each one has a story... special occasion, special trip, special gift. This one is from my Aunt Carolyn who always knows what I like... and boy does she have an amazing eye for color - but that is another story...

13 comments:

  1. Really beautiful artwork with the wine glass. Wish I could find one like this one.

    I actually have the same wine at home, but haven't opened it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful glassware - the eye for colour obviously runs in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate, wine, unique and colorful glasses, unique and colorful flowers....I am loving these posts. They cheered me up this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what lovely colours on the glass!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have great respect for glass artists. Some of their art is amazing . . . and this is no exception! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning glass-what a good thing to collect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do I see nuts there, do you even have those in your house? Great shot from the wine glass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This glass is gorgeous, and totally looks like something YOU would make if you made glasses!
    I love Carmel!
    Its so fun to buy one of each by a local artist! I do the same with coffee mugs by local potters. It adds personality to your cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, you take wonderful photos and do some really nice beadwork. I checked your website out too. Love the beads on metal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love working with iridized glass!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely shot...very inviting. I do love the glassware, as well. Some people feel a need to have things that match - my daughter is one of those people. She'd never have one of this-or-that in her cupboard. Not me. I love to collect and savor each memory.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect way to relax and restore! And I love the glass - so beautiful and I bet it's even lovelier when the look is combined with the feel!

    ReplyDelete