Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Escape to the island for a day


My girlfriend and I raced up to the 'Beach House' yesterday to bring up furniture, meet with our site contractor, spread straw for erosion control - need I list any more excuses?

Over the weekend 2 bald eagles swooped around our house picking up straw for their nest and today a pheasant sauntered across the property quite unconcerned with the hammering, skill saw and 2 women stalking him with cameras.

A gorgeous day - clear, crisp, cold in the shade, warm huddled against the house on our new deck! The sunroom so inviting... a cup of tea, a cozy chat...

We could hardly pull ourselves away.

6 comments:

  1. Any excuse is a good one for going anywhere near the beach! Sounds like a lovely day... I love the first 2 pix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No excuses necessary! Thanks for sharing your day. Beautiful captures too. Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. I just hopped over to your girlfriends page. I love her photo's of the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great day and you've captured it beautifully. Especially love the moon-blur...wow! ...might need to get a print of those for my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm Beverly, you're so lucky to have your own getawayspace. Love your pictures. And you know I fall head over heels in love with the driftwood....Still got mine in big vases in my livingroom enjoying it every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Utterly gorgeous! There's just nothing else to say.... :D

    ReplyDelete