Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In the Cool Blue Evening Light


I keep company with swallows, sparrows, eagles, blue heron, red wing blackbirds... to name just a few. And as the sun goes down frogs join the lively chorus.

I'm at the beach house wishing one dear friend could have joined me and anxiously awaiting the arrival of another. I've been here for the last few days planting grasses, trees and shrubs all native to Whidbey Island.

No distractions from the outside world - no internet, nor phone. Only nature.

And though I miss you, dear blog friends - it is lovely here.

11 comments:

  1. Stunning montage. Oh, for such solitude. I know I would soon get lonely, but some days I would love such peace and quiet without distractions. Enjoy!
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at this montage and imagining being there fills me with feelings of content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm, I never tire of walking on the beach. It's so soothing and mind clearing. Have a wonderful time enjoying your quiet time. CJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the blues!!!!!! wow...there is just something so beautifully soothing in your composition...

    ps. see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning mosaic! So serene and ethereal. Enjoy your sojourn! Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE time like that...no internet, no phone. Savor it!
    I agree with everyone, your photo-group is so serene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beverly I'm so gladd you like it that much at Whidbey's. Would have loved to join you this spring.

    Do take your time and make it a beautiful place.

    peace my friend. Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mosaic!!!What I wouldn't give for sime time all by myself with nothing that "has" to be done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reallay, really like your photos. Lovely!

    Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  10. such lovely moody blues. they just invite relaxation and togetherness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful as ever Beverly. I hope you had a wonderful time with your friend.

    ReplyDelete