Monday, May 7, 2012

New Bag of Color!




Bag of Color #13 includes large handfuls of gems and tubes of seed beads that can be used separately or mixed together to make a Wander with Color necklace, a Cornucopia of Gems neckpiece (full Cornucopia kit included) as well as some earrings or a bracelet to match!

My Inspiration:

Lilacs are blooming everywhere in my garden, their heady scent spilling into neighboring gardens and along a path at the side of our property.

For my latest Bag of Color I drew inspiration from one of my new lilac bushes (1 of 8 varieties I bought at the Hulda Klager Lilac Gardens in Woodland, WA on my way home from a Portland Bead Society meeting last year) called 'President Grevy'. It's blossoms start out violet and turn a lovely blue-violet as they open. This photo was taken when some of the older blossoms had started to fade, their edges tinged with copper.

How can I resist falling back on the yummy combo of purples and greens? My new Bag of Color stirs in some blue-violet with a dash of copper for a stunning palette that jazzes up an already lovely mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment