Monday, September 30, 2013

Publishing Artful Color for Creative Projects: From RGB to CMYK



Anyone who has ever published a book full of colorful photographs knows how difficult it is to replicate the bright, saturated colors in print.

I am in the process of converting all of the vibrant colors in my eBook (Artful Color) to a color language the printing presses can read, but oh so tedious as you can see above with 3 color swatch images stacked:

-Original in RGB on top
-Direct conversion to CMYK in middle
-Tweaked CMYK version on the bottom.

Luckily earthtones convert beautifully, however note how much the pinks in the middle change. Though I'll never be able to print the vibrant clear pink of the original, I'll keep working to achieve a scrumptious result.

My goal is to create a file ready to go to print by the Holidays, and to hopefully attain my eBook sales projection to enable me to get the presses rolling!

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment