Thursday, November 7, 2013

Converting my Book

 Sample page spread - in works

 Sample page spread - completed!

The process of converting a book from one format to another isn't for the faint of heart.

The creative part is over, the fun of watching color palettes come together is a thing of the past.
Now it is all just hard work, hours upon hours:
  • Converting every photo (and there are more than 350!) from RGB color space to CMYK
  • Resizing pages for print (instead of eReader style)
  • Resizing fonts
  • Repositioning photos and descriptions to fit into the new format and still look luscious.
  • Redesign the cover to include a spine and back
But I'm almost there!
Only a handful of pages left, then off to an editor, then off to the printer!

I hope to usher in my new book with the new year

I'll keep you informed!

3 comments:

  1. Yeeehaaaa I'd love to pre order the first one, WITH AUTOGRAPH...;-)))) puleasseee.
    Hugs me. And good luck with the last handfull of pages.
    Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet - dear friend!
      You are officially the first pre-order!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, I am old school and love the feel of pages beneath my fingers. I too will order one, just let us know when ready.

    ReplyDelete