Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Power of Empathy


Drinking coffee laced with cardamom and rose water, my thoughts are with the women / mothers in war ravaged areas of the Middle East - how keeping their families safe must consume their every thought and every action. The simple act, that we take for granted, of getting together with other women to drink coffee, be creative, discuss any topic of interest... Is simply a far away dream... or quite possibly a dream of a dream.

My belief is that our collective goodwill and positive thoughts and empathy and deep kindness can give these women hope, courage, strength and vision to enact great change. From woman to woman, I am sending out my thoughts, prayers, energy to the women in the Middle East, because I believe we have the power to make the world a safer, kinder place.

No comments:

Post a Comment